My Free Taxes
Save hundreds in filing fees with MyFreeTaxes: File your federal and state returns for FREE by using United Way’s secure MyFreeTaxes platform.
United Way of Columbia County is excited to announce the launch of this tax season’s MyFreeTaxes service. For the 12th year, United Way is providing free online tax filing software to help taxpayers easily and accurately file their taxes from their computer or smartphone.
MyFreeTaxes is a free and easy way to file simple federal return and state tax returns for free.
- More than 1.2 million people have used MyFreeTaxes.
- MyFreeTaxes has helped individuals and households save $250 million in filing fees.
By using MyFreeTaxes, you can complete your return in under an hour and save an average of $200 in tax preparation fees.
Key features include
- Screening for credit and deduction eligibility such as the Earned Income Tax Credit and the Child Tax Credit to ensure you receive your maximum tax refund
- Showing how and why your refund amount is changing in real time
- Live tax assistance from IRS-certified specialists
MyFreeTaxes is the largest free, online tax filing product offered by a nonprofit. United Way provides the service as part of our fight for the financial stability of every person in every community.